Monday, February 06, 2012

Construction

It's been a while since I've taken on a good construction project. I've finished off a basement before (with some help) and closely supervised 3 new constructions of building a home... but not much in the last 6 years.

This project is much smaller in size: new kitchen countertops, backsplash, crown molding, carpet, drapes, and fresh coat of paint. We haven't done much to our house since we built it, and it's time for some sprucing up.

I've never done crown molding before, and considered hiring this out. But I enjoy the challenge and I have the tools, so why not? I'm learning that it is not so simple to get those angles right. For those just starting out with this, the dual sided crown molding really helps to just make it easy to flip it over and not worry as much about cutting the correct side of the molding -- but it's still challenging to say the least.

No comments: