Friday, April 22, 2011

Golf Update

After almost a year of trying out clubs, I've decided to keep my Ping IsoForce Anser putter and replace everything else. I'm going all Callaway and purchased from Callaway Golf Preowned. It's a great site that sells like-new clubs and significant discounts! I picked up an FT-iz driver, FT 3 wood and 2 hybrid, Diablo Forged 3-9, PW and Jaws Chrome wedges. I haven't hit any of them except the driver because the weather has been so bad lately. Hopefully soon I'll get on the course!

In other Golf news, Golf Digest recently came out with their top 100 public courses list, and there were several shakeups compared to last year.

Of the courses I've played, Whistling Straits and Arcadia Bluffs stayed at their #3 and #10 spots respectively. I generally agree with this ranking. While I enjoyed playing Arcadia Bluffs significantly more than Whistling Straits, it did feel like Whistling Straits was a more championship level of difficulty in comparison. Forest Dunes dropped a couple spots to #20, and Eagle Eye tied for #53. New on the list was a course I played in Wisconsin known as the Bull at #86. I found this course in great shape, very challenging, and a bargain!

New Michigan Courses on the list this year include True North at #33, Elk Ridge at #69, the Bear at #81 and Lakewood Shores at #88. Tullymore dropped significantly from #15 to #36, and Black Lake and Bay Harbor held onto their middle of the pack rankings of #46 at #62 (slight changes).

I was disappointed to see Shepherd's Hollow fall off the list, but with so many new additions something has to get bumped I suppose.

No comments: