Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The golf fever is coming back around....

A golf post? In February? Yes of course! It's around this time of year where I start to think... why do I live in a place where I can't play golf year round? I suppose there are more important things in life than golf (like family I suppose :-). Looking back at the last year, I had my best year that I can remember that will be hard to top in 2010.

A few highlights of 2009:
1. My first hole in one! I called it on the way up on hole #6 at Yarrow (with two witnesses)!
2. Playing the twin "Pebble Beach" courses of Lake Michigan: Whistling Straits in Wisconsin and Arcadia Bluffs up north. I enjoyed Arcadia Bluffs more, but Whistling Straits was more difficult (and more expensive).
3. Recorded a couple rounds of 80, which is my lowest round on 18 holes that I can remember.
4. Finally made it up to Boyne Highlands in the late fall, and played 72 holes in rain, sleet, and at times SNOW.
5. Finally straightened out my slice... well not really but once in a while I do hit one straight.

I hope 2010 will bring more great golf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another useful source of information on this topic[...]