Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back on the Hunt

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I am back on the hunt for a job. I'm not usually the person "laid off" so this is a little new for me. It's happened to me before, but the circumstances behind that typically involved bankruptcy or something like that.

I read something the other day about how 80% of candidates selected for interviews these days are from networking. I am living this in the real world and finding this to be very true. I've applied for several dozen positions which I appear to be a strong fit, and I'm sure my resume is stacked on a heap of other resumes as the days go by one after the next.

Thankfully by using my network and linkedin, I have a few good leads I'm hunting down and hopefully should land on my feet again soon. Look for an update when that happens.

No comments: