Monday, December 29, 2008

WiiFest with Guitar Hero

Santa brought a Nintendo Wii with Guitar Hero World Tour complete band kit this year. I have to say that this console and specifically this game (which I'm aware is available on all consoles) is probably the most addictive game I've ever seen. They have figured out a way to make playing your favorite songs fun, easy and exciting. My 3 year old Andrew can play drums on Eye of the Tiger... who knew?

The outcome of this game is you develop fantastic motor skills and dexterity to play rock songs. Being a former bass player in a band, I would say the next step is for someone to figure out how to teach real guitar/bass lessons on the Wii. The drums are pretty accurate, if you can play them on GHWT you can probably play in real life. The bass is also very similar to real life although you'd have to learn the strings and notes on a real bass, but the concept of single notes / single buttons is the same. The guitar would be the most challenging to convert to real life.

My neighbor said that after he bought Rockband he decided to start to learn how to play guitar for real, and that's exactly what he's doing. I wonder how many others are doing the same.

No comments: