Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Golf and more golf



Realizing the golf season is almost over, I've taken a few days in between jobs to play much of it!

On Sunday I played Brae Burn in Plymouth (http://www.braeburngc.com/). It's a decent course and I shot an 84 on 18. The course layout is the best part and presents many challenges and skill. None the least of which was the "Monster" hole, a 666 yard par 5 on the back 9 which first dogs left, then dogs right so even if you could hit the ball 350 and 300, you still couldn't reach the green in two. There is also a lot of water on the course to watch for. I walked all 18 holes which was a beast because it was quite hilly, but I enjoyed it and would play it again.

Monday I played Lake Erie Metropark Golf course (http://www.metroparks.com/parks/pk_lake_erie.php) with my dad, and was quite impressed. I thought this course was in fantastic shape and found it extremely challenging - especially for a metropark course. The greens were very challenging and difficult to read. I shot a 94 on 18 which is definitely a bad round for me. The course has a LOT of water which seemed to just attract my ball right to it all too often.

Tomorrow is something I'm really looking forward to, as I'm headed up to Bath, MI to play Eagle Eye (http://www.hawkhollow.com/golf/eagle.php). This course is a 4.5 star/5 star highly recommended by Golfweek and Golf Digest, the top course in mid-Michigan, and one of the best in the state. The 17th hole is nothing but an island green in the middle of a lake pictured above. The best part, some college buddies are heading up from Kalamazoo for the round.

No comments: