Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Golf, golf and more golf

I've committed to playing more golf this year. To do this, I'm playing in a golf league at Rackham. I'll also be playing in a few golf outings at various courses.

I'm excited more than ever for golf this year. I regripped my clubs and purchased a new Driver - the Callaway X460. I compared it to the Callaway HyperX, Ping G10, Nike Sasquatch, Cleveland Hibore and the Taylor Made R7, Burner, and R7 Superquad. I seemed to hit the Callaway X460 the best on the range, and when hooked up to the golf simulator I was getting no extra distance from the HyperX compared to the X. I was crushing the ball though and had one or two register at 318-319 yards. The Taylor Made Burner and SuperQuad were both fantastic also, the Burner would have been my first choice had it not been $400. For the $160 I was able to get the X for, I couldn't justify the price difference with the small difference between them. I can't wait to get this out on the course.

Tomorrow night I will be heading to Scottsdale on a much long overdue Golf trip with some old college buddies. We are playing some fantastic courses and 72 holes:

Thursday
- Golf Club At Eagle Mountain
- SunRidge Canyon
Friday
- Gold Canyon Dinosaur Mountain
Saturday
- Troon North Monument

No comments: