Thursday, August 09, 2007

Excited for Wine Country

My wife and I are headed to the Napa & Sonoma Valley in a few days for a week for some much-needed rest and relaxation. It's the first vacation where I haven't "planned everything out", which is hard for me to do I must admit. My cousin Mike is in the wine business out there, and gave me some advice, he said: "Ben, I have some news for you. All these husbands that come out here want to plan out every vacation. That works for Europe, but not wine country. This trip is really for your wife, so just plan where you're going to sleep at night so you have a decent place and leave the rest up to whatever happens and she wants to do."

I suppose that is good advice to listen to.

So we'll be taking in a little San Francisco as well but mostly just wine country, including stays in Napa, St. Helena, Calistoga, and Glen Ellen. I'm almost as excited for this trip as I was for our Scotland honeymoon!

No comments: